Do you want to revamp your space?
Do you ever look at a room in your home and fancy a change? It doesn’t have to be as costly as you think.
Here are a few simple ways to change up a room on a budget:
- Furniture – There are so many different ways to alter the appearance of your furniture. This could be as simple as just changing the handles or adding a pop of colour by giving the item a lick of paint.
- Upholstery – Do you have a chair or a pouffe that is looking a bit worse for wear? Make a statement! Why not choose a bold print totally change the look of the item by refreshing it with some reupholstery?
- Rugs – Is your carpet looking a bit tired but you’re not ready for a new one? There are so many beautiful rugs out there… you can really warm up your home or tie in new colours or themes with the purchase of a new rug. Rugs look great on wood / LVT and laminate flooring aswell as over an existing carpet.
- Cushions & Throws – A simple change can be made by swapping or adding new scatter cushions to your chairs and covering sofas with a complementing throw. Floor cushions are a great feature too!
- Curtains & Blinds – Swap your curtains for blinds or your blinds for curtains. The difference is dramatic! Especially if choosing a bold print and some matching accessories.
- Feature Wall – Changing a room can be as simple as adding wallpaper or paint to just one wall of your room. Dramatic dark tones are still very popular and make a huge difference to a previously light room.
- Plants & Lamps – We love plants! Bring the outdoors indoors with a collection of plants. You can pick these up from supermarkets and they add a lot of character to any room. Alter the lighting and atmosphere with statement freestanding lamps.
We hope you’ve found this blog inspiring. Browse our website for further information and inspiration. Perkins Stockwell can help with fabric, wallpapers and paints, window dressings, flooring and rugs, upholstery and so much more. Happy revamping!